• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

did I kill my board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

viper_va

Registered
I finished installing my waterblocks, fill and bled m system. I boot my system up and I get nothing. The lights on my Ic7 Max3 come on, but I get no output to the monitor. The fans powered by the mobo come on. I rechecked my wiring, it was correct. I unplugged all unecessary cards and cables. Nothing. I swapped video cards. I swapped my processor. Nothing helped. The processor heats up, as does the ram on the video card. I took the blocks off the processor and northbridge to check for physical damage, saw none. Checked the board traces for damage, saw none. My working theory at the moment is that I somehow microscopicly scratched or damaged my northbridge while putting the waterblock on. My system is as follows:

IC7Max3
P43.0C
Radeon 9800Pro
Swiftech MCW6002, MCW20, and MCW50

The MCW20 mounting hardware didn't work very well, which is why I fear for my northbridge. If anybody has any ideas please share.

Try plugging a fan into the CPU fan header. You can also try holding insert before you push the power button and holding it for 10 sec after that. Also, have you considered swapping mobos with everything else intact?

I had the same problem but I accidently bent some pins on the CPU so I remounted it then used the insert trick and it worked.

Back