• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CRT monitor brightness problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

merlinx29

Registered
I have a generic 17in CRT monitor, when i play games i have to crankup ingame gamma and brightness otherwise they show up very dark but when i take a screenshot the images file shows up very dark as if the ingame brightness settings arent being applied to the screenshots. And the lighting of games seem to be very inconsistent ... some maps are very dark and others are too light, i cant seem to find a midpoint. I am not sure if this is a monitor setting problem or a video card setting thing or maybe the monitor just sucks. I have tried setting brightness using adobe gamma loader and even with brightness and contrast set to max on the monitor the picture is still bad.

sounds like the monitor might be going. any color changes? try a different monitor if you can to check it out. if same problems look to video card.

Back