• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

artifacts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkDraco

not too long ago i started getting artifacts in my games. i dont remember if i messed with anything before i started getting them or not but i think i did. i tried reseating the card but it got worst. also tried reseating the waterblock but that does seem to help.

Artifiacts usually occur from too high a memory overclock. Try lowering your memory or checking it's cooling and see if that doesn't help.

oh yea, and i get artifacts on the windows loading screen and the screens before that.

you might want to make sure you have a good connection with the power cable that goes to the 9800..... sometimes they don't make good connection and will give you poor performance.

i believe that is the problem but i wasnt sure. i remember moving the power cable and having the artifacts get better and worst. hard to explain but i think that might be it. and i want wondering how to clean on the power connector on the radeon, the 4 pins seem to have blackened a bit on the tips

i was poking around and cant seem to get a better power connection. still glitching up. what can i do

um im using ATI lol
and im getting artifacts before getting into windows as well... so im sure its not a driver problem

ouch, well then tha'ts not good :-0

well the easiest thing to do now is to pop another video card in to isolate the problem...is it the video card itself or is it some other hardware prob

It definitely sounds like a voltage issue to me then. If the tips have been blackened, there was probably some kind of short. Did you adjust the power connection at all before you started having problems, is your power supply sufficient for your computer, are any other components acting iffy?

its not really black. it looks like the color the metal would be if u clean it with alcohol, its barely discolored. it was working fine, i forgot when i started having the problem but i remember my side panel was open and i was in a game and i got these minor wierd artifacts. i had my finger on the corner where th connecter is and the artifacts went away. but when i took my finger off the artifacts came back. i turned the computer off and took the card out completly then put it back in. then i always had them. i repeated the reseating and they wont go away. i even tried another PSU on the graphic card. i might try cleaning off the area with alcohol or something

ill trying anotehr frm the psu im using but when i used another PSU, wouldnt that have solved the problem?

You pushed on a corner of the molex...and the problem went away, right?
How good are you with a soldering iron? I would re-solder the where the pins on the molex connect to the board of your vid card...if you do not know how...DON'T DO IT!

when i pushed it , the problem went away. now that i reseated the card many times, the pushing doesnt work. the 4 pins look as they were when i bought them, no damage =/

Back