• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

clock gen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danr

Registered
not sure where to post this but...

how do you save settngs in clockgen to allow 1 click adjustment.
I hae read the readme and it says

signature [CG ect ect ]
FSB ect

what is the signature, how do you save it, if its a standard text file how do you make it run by clicking.

what i really want is to boot up in stock and then have a shortcut to adjust to my overclocked settingss

thanks

Why do you not want to change the bios settings?

Just curiuos. I would offer help with clockgen but I have never used it myself.

main reason is that i have always used the bios to alter settings but on many of our MSI Neo Plat boards suffer from cold boot syndrome. This is when you can have your oc running prime for 8 hours, play games ect then power down only to find that it will not boot until you reset cmos. MSI are aware of this and looking into the problem. With clock gen i can boot up at stock HTT, ect ( memory timings have to be done in bios ) then fire up a preset clockgen config and use it on these.

It should look similar to this.

[CG-NVNF3]
VID=1.500
FID=10.5
FSB=248
AGP=66

Edit the settings to what you need... then save as savefile.ini, then add -file=savefile.ini to the shortcut and it should work.

hmm, still unsure.

ive opened a notepad file and put

[CG-NVNF3]
FID=10.5
FSB=240
AGP=67

i then saved it as

240FSB.ini

i then copied this to the desktop but when i double click it the note pad pos up with the text file i have written.

feeling very dumb.

You need to place your INI file in the clockgen folder, then create a shorcut to clockgen. right click it, select properties. then click on shortcut tab.
Then the target window needs to look like this.

C:\CG-NVNF3\CG-NVNF3.exe -file=savefile.ini
use your file path just add the "-file=savefile.ini" without quotes
save that

then click on new shorcut to test, then copy the shorcut to the windows startup folder. then when you boot your settings will be applied at windows startup. (be sure your settings are stable first)

Back