• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what PSU will I buy?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grifter510

Registered
Hi just got all the neccessary components of my new system and I just wonder what psu wil you recomend (in watts) here are the components I'm going to put in;
prescot 2.8Ghz (I'll overclock it ofcourse)
ati radeon 9550
2 sticks of 256Mb ddr ram
3 hard drives (2 IDE and 1 SATA)
2 cd rom drives (1 ordinary, 1 dvd rw)
I guess that's all of it and one more thingy will i get a tower or a mid tower casing??? any recomendation I don't hav a fat pocket :-/

well you can never predict the future so always go a little more than you need.
id say go with at least a 420 watt or so. and stick with a good name.
i have 3 antec 550's and they are awesome.

thanks for the help I gues I don't have any good use for my old PSU :) any recomendation regarding case should i go for a tower or just mthe plain old mid tower????

Well, I just purchased and moved my pc into a Kingwin KT-424 aluminum case and love it. The slide out mobo tray makes things so much simpler. JMO

yeah i just ordered with of them 400w 120mm fortrons. they are supposed to outperform a lot of 500w psu's, and they are very quiet.

grifter510 said:
thanks for the help I gues I don't have any good use for my old PSU :) any recomendation regarding case should i go for a tower or just mthe plain old mid tower????

thats really completely up to you. if you want more room go for the full tower obviously... i mean case size is basically just a preference.

Back