• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ 3700 Gold on NF7-S v2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-zoso-

Registered
Can anybody sort out this whole OCZ Gold on NF2 thing? I bought a 512 dc kit of the OCZ Gold PC3700 about a year or so ago and have had no luck going above 208 fsb. This is with 2 different NF7s and 2 different proc's.

I read mixed reviews of Gold on NF7, most of them bad. (And yes, I've seen the OCZ web site.)

I've yet to do the Vdd or Vdimm mods but am seriously thinking about stopping by Radio Shack (never thought I'd say this, but I miss Fry's) on my way home from work.

I'm sure I'll get some improvement with the mods but am I wasting my time with these dimms? (I think I'm just looking for an excuse to upgrade to a nice new 1GB kit) Any suggestions as to what is a good mem for the NF7 is if these OCZ end up in the "extras" pile? Dont care too much about price, and would like something that will carry over nicely to the Athlon64 when I change.

Hoping to beat DDR500+ (love to get much higher) out of this thing with my new WC setup and a pelt waiting in the wings... Speaking of this, how much juice do you think an 80w pelt will let me pump through the NB without frying it?

BTW I have one of trat's D24 bios' with built in L12. Forgot other details right now...

the EB's are good. read through some threads on here to see people's experiences with them.
those prices are pretty steep IMO though.

Back