• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My friends water cooling setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

Well I helped my friend build his first computer for his science fair. I made sure that he did most of the work. He later switched his project to water cooling. At first he had some major problems with air flow and the rad but I gave him some tips and he came up with this.

hugepicfile-003.jpg

hugepicfile-004.jpg

hugepicfile-005.jpg

hugepicfile-006.jpg

hugepicfile-007.jpg

hugepicfile-008.jpg

hugepicfile-009.jpg

His computer is:
Epox EP-8RDA3I RTL
Moble 2400+
256m pc3200
Geforce 2 gts 32meg (its mine, he gona buy a nicer on soon, he just saving up)
Dtek spir@l wb
Supreme Danner mag 3
He got the radiator from the auto parts store.
I want to say its about 250mm X 130mm

His temps are in the mid to high 30s
He is currently OCed to 2200. We will go higher later.

At first he had the rad sitting on the bottom of the case with about .5 inch of clearence. I told him he need to get much better air flow and get a duct going on. The case dosn't have the best air flow (I didn't pick out the case :D )

Well thats it. It looks like T3h ghetto but it works. I rolled when I first saw it. :)

One thing I would change is the nasty 90 coming off the pumps outlet. That is not the best thing to do, especially in that spot.

I like the duck tape maddness and the T cap. Is that a black crayola marker?

EDIT: Also would suggest hose clamps. The tubing maybe tight now but a month or 2 down the road it may loosen up and pop off.

Last edited:
jaydee116 said:
One thing I would change is the nasty 90 coming off the pumps outlet. That is not the best thing to do, especially in that spot.

agreed!!

only other thing i see is that the rad is drawing (some of) the air from the blowhole fan (warm case air)...or is the "foot" of the rad (wood) blocking 1/2 of the blowhole...

other than that, it looks good for a first try!!

PS the "Ghetto God of Overkill" Cooling (thats me) gives it 2 (1 cardboard & 1 duct tape) thumbs up!! :clap:

Last edited:
Back