• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"ATI Preps to Offset NVIDIA’s GeForce 6800 GT" - Should be intresting!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well two small problems with that article and believing it. First it appears to be very much a rumor, second calling it a GT is a stupid incredibly stupid, Becuase it implying that it is the same thing as the Nvdia or maybe the Nvdia is better becuase it has a bigger number(think 500 vs 5800).

Just my thoughts on the subject.

speed bump said:
Well two small problems with that article and believing it. First it appears to be very much a rumor, second calling it a GT is a stupid incredibly stupid, Becuase it implying that it is the same thing as the Nvdia or maybe the Nvdia is better becuase it has a bigger number(think 500 vs 5800).

Just my thoughts on the subject.

LOL just like Nvidia used the XT in their lineup last year. 5900 XT trying to get people to buy from them instead of the ATI 9800 XT.

It is all a naming game, don't be so bullish.

As for believing it, ATI has been known to do these things in the past as well as Nvidia

Think
9800, 9800 pro, 9800 XT, 9800 SE
now they have
x800, x800 GT, x800 pro, x800 XT

Nvidia use had
5900, 5900XT, 5900U, 5950 last year
heck they still sold the 5600, 5600XT, 5800, 5700

So................. it is not really inpossible. ATI lieks the number 3 and 4 while Nvidia doesn't care and will try to sell as many cards as possible.

i have to wonder just when are these coming out, the waiting list on the XT is back into october now. unless the yields are much poorer then everyone thought i dont see how they are going to add another 16 pipeline card?

So are these confirmed or still rumored? X800GT just sounds so....rumourish... :|

it is not confirmed this is from some unknown chinese site quoted by xibit.they cant even get the pe out of the door, the date for that is pushed to late august. i think it is highly doubtful they will be introducing a new card.

I don't think the rumor is false that ATI will roll out with a new card using the x800 core...the question is when and what will be disabled on it.

Hopefully ATI will release a card that will whoop some a*s. ATI has done very well to come from being an average video card maker (back in the days 3dfx) to become one of the best graphics manufacturers. I think ATI will pull of something sweet.

They have to come out with something to battle the 299$ 6800.....
Hope they pull this rabbit out of the hat in the next few weeks because thats my card buying window, Id hate to get the 6800 and then to find the X800GT will be 20$ more expensive but working with 16 pipes....

EDIT:
Well after reading the article it seems I'm still going to be without an 299$ next gen ATI card....pitty

hmm, whatever happened to x800 xt, normal, u know, the non platinum edition, which would have had 16 pipes but lower clocks, I guess they have to keep the PCIe line seperate, but what will the pro compete against then, if it drops down it will kick the #%@$ out of the standard 6800 non ultra.

mmm, if you read it right, it says that ATi might not even use 'GT'.. it was the fact ATi are releasing a card to take on the 6800GT... so Ati can now battle on all the fronts.. the GT was brought out after the release of the other 6800's... so it was a 3-2 game... All ATi is doing is evening it up alittle!...

Back