• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dracknem

I just recently purchased a Radeon 9800 Pro. I have been running it for a day and it was working fine. A few minuted ago I went into the BIOS of my other comp. (the one with the Radeon on it) and I upped the multi on my chip by .5. When I quit out of the BIOS the monitor was no longer receiving a signal from the card. I tried installing my old Ti 4200 and still no signal. Does anyone know what happened? Did I short something out? I tried some different tests with parts, I don't have many spare, but here's what I basically found.

What IS working:
- All the fans, including the ones on the chip and vid card
- When I wiggle the monitor cable where it meets the video card, the screen does flicker a few colors, on both the 4200 and the 9800 Pro.
- The Num Lock light on my keyboard works
- The on and off button on the computer

What IS NOT working:
- The lights on the two mice I have
- The monitor, only occasionally flickers light when I wiggle the cord, otherwise it just displays "No Signal"

Anyone offer advice? Tips? I'd hate to think I shorted stuff out by bumping multiplier up by .5. I'm running an Athlon 1800+ T-bred by the way.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I'm just really worried about my comp. :(

Clear the cmos, you could look for a clear bios or cmos jumper or take the battery out and turn the computer on and off again if it boot then put the battery in and set the bios again.

Ok, got it working, I don't know what it was that fixed it, but it's working again. Clearing the CMOS didn't help.....or maybe it did. I just kept playing around with it and it eventually got fixed.

Back