• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can really understand this..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PARR

Registered
I'm new to cooling my PC, my stock heatsink and fan for my XP2800 Barton used to run 50C idle, 60C load..

I bought a new Coolermaster Jet 7+ and at lowest speed it idles at 50C and at full speed (Which is almost twice the sound of my stock cooler) it idles 45C..

The only differece I have noticed is that when under heavy load my PC doesnt rise is temp quite as much...

Now me myself am after something that when my PC is under full load will go to around 40-45C without it sounding like I have a 747 taking off in my PC.. (I don't mind a bit of sound, but some of these fans making +60dba is just too loud)

Is this possible, or am I just a high hoper ? :confused:

different heatsink/fan setups produce different results... with a large copper heatsink like Thermalright makes you can add just about any fan onto it... and choose how powerful you want it to be... thus also choosing how loud it will be... note: larger fans can move more air then smaller fans at slower rate of spin (thus making them quieter).

What are you case/ambiant temps? Those have a lot to do with it. The lower your case temps, the lower your cpu temps. 40-45C load temps can be done on air, but it's going to take a bit of time and money to make it quiet. Check out thermalrights line-up, they are well respected here. Also might look at the upcoming XP-120, we *hope* it'll be out soon, and use a 120mm fan. (ie- big and quiet) Does your board support the 4-bolt heatsink mounting system? Or just cpu clips? That will also limit your choice of heatsinks.

On the case temp end, remove the fan grids from the case and make sure your wiring and cables are out of the air paths..
www.thermalright.com See support page for mobo compatability chart and install procedures..SP-97/ SLK 900U/ SLK-947U
These HS's can mount a 92mm fan..;)

I'm new to cooling my PC, my stock heatsink and fan for my XP2800 Barton

CLICK HERE

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS:burn::)

My case tempature according to Motherboard Monitor is 25C.

I have a A7N8X Delux motherboard, I don't think that supports bolt heatsinks though...

[edit] Upon checking, it seems my mobo can support bolt heatsinks.. cool! [/edit]

Last edited:
That high for idle, the case temps do effect this alot. I run the rear fan so that it brings cold air right on my heatsink. If you feal the side of athe case is it warm.

Ok...21 - 22°C ;ambient(room) temp
25°C system (case/mobo) temp

3°C difference..Take the measurements with the side panel off and a table fan or simular device blowing into the case. See if the system temp drops..We are testing to see if the mobo is reporting correct system temp..Asus are known to show temps lower than they realy are..We are also testing your cases best possible air flow with this test..:D

Took the side panel off, with a table fan on max, directly blowing into the blower my idle tempature went to 42C idle...

My Case tempature droped 1C...

The only thing that dropped wuite a bit was the CPU socket..

PC's are just starting to get on my last nerv, I can't get this thing to cool correctly and now my new monitor got 2 black lines at top and bottem and when I phoned overclockers there response ? "Not our problem. phone manufacturer"

After more phoning around about my screen, they say its suppose to be like that because of the technology they use... nice to see they fail to mention this at all... anywere.

I would get watercooling, but it is too expensive.

Are there any English sites that I can buy one for less than £44 inc VAT and postage ?

Product Code: 603062
Model Number: SP-97
Availability: In Stock: 3

£35.25 including VAT....CLICK HERE

Panaflo 92mm : 2850 rpm @ 57 cfm/ 35 dBA
Fan Model: FBA09A12H
Product Code: 602104
Availability: In Stock: 5

£11.75 including VAT....CLICK HERE

Off by 3 lbs + shipping :(

thanks for the help all...

Going to have to keep this fan for the next 2 months, cant afford nothing...

Is this monitor based on a trinitron tube?

If so then it is indeed a part of the technology. Its something that Sony felt most people wouldn't have a problem with so they have left it in.

Back