• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WoooHooo X800 XT PE is here!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Section8

I just got home from work an there was a message from my local computer store telling me my X800 XT PE is in and I can pick it up tomorrow. Damn that is going to be a long day tomorrow. It is an ASUS made card has anyone heard anything about them?

Dam you. I just went and bought a 6800gt becasue Gateway just said it might be late september before MY card was available. I wanted the xt badly but NEEDED the card ASAP. They originally said it would ship the fourth of Aug two weeks ago but now...

So overclocked gt here i come

In general, Asus doesn't make the best cards. You might get a good one here and there, but generally, people stay with vendors they know will have a high success rate. IE: ATi or Sapphire Tech.

Though I don't know if they fixed their problems with the X800 line. Wish you best of luck :D

Hey Section8 , congrats!!!

Awsome card, have fun :)

I don't think I could wait till tomorrow.

To whomever said "ASUS doesn't make the better cards"...well hate to tell ya, but they are considered the top of the line, and generally speaking they command the highest price. Maybe your thinking of another ATI partener?

Anyway, it's likely a reference card, which is good as well.

Yeah the ASUS cards do seem to have a little higher price tag. I know that doesn't mean it is better but I am hoping this thing will be fine. I will post some stock benches tomorrow.

well they are good cards, but normally they don't clock as high from what I have seen. Still they come with great accessory packages.

Cerberus2k7 said:
In general, Asus doesn't make the best cards. You might get a good one here and there, but generally, people stay with vendors they know will have a high success rate. IE: ATi or Sapphire Tech.

Though I don't know if they fixed their problems with the X800 line. Wish you best of luck :D

Asus makes some decent cards. I would not say in Overclockability they are the best but they do make their own trend like more silent HSF on the 5800 before everyone else did. They are innovators.

Their Mobo use to be good as well but their quality control slipped a little last few years not sure now.

I would not say that Asus makes the best card, they do not make the worse they are in the middle of the pack usually. What makes Asus stand out normally is their bundle. They have some of the niftiest items in their packages and also the most thrills like vivo, cables, video confer camera, games and over looks.

Back