• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WON vs STEAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
whos better? how can you compare them? one is a peice of software the other does nothing but list servers.

steam has made lots of improvements but at the same time messed up a lot. i like how they changed the layout of cs and the graphics are a tad bit better than the 1.5 version. but i absolutely hate how steam is trying to "make things better" or "more realistic". the new shield i dislike and the awp delay i absolutely hate.

other than those minor flaws, i think steam is much better than won.

Steam sucks total *** and I refuse to ever install it again. WON is just good like Quake 3 and RTCW. When WON is out, I will never play HL and mods again, and I will not buy HL2 when it works with steam, I won't even get a pirate version. I hate it to see my game being one single file in the steam directory I just want a folder like in every other game.

Is this a joke? Steam is the single worst program that I have ever used, followed closely by Norton Utilities and AOL. WON wasn't perfect, but at least it worked.

Hah. Well, here's something to think about. In 1.5 (WON) I never ever got bored, or stopped playing the game for a long period of time. I was a true fan. I spent sooooooo much time playing. It was awesome. I truly pwned :D
In steam, I pwned again, :bday:, but I stopped playing. Then I started playing again, and stopped forever.
Way to f**k things up :beer: :rolleyes:

I might get my head ripped off by some of yas, but I personally like Steam better. I never had a single problem. I like the new enviroment and the updates make the games feel fresh. WON got me mad seeing as everytime there was a pop up or I had to minimize, when I got back in the game, I had no sound. Also when hitting escape it took forever to switch back to the gui, because switching resolution took forever. Also WON feels so old and all it really does is just display servers anyway. Really all Valve had to do was update the WON gui with a few little updates and everything was alright but they released Steam instead. I don't mind really and I love it.

Agent_Mull said:
Well if anyone here is going to play HL2, then they need to install steam anyways...
even just for single player? that seems so stupid to have to intall steam just to play one game.

Not the end of the story...just the end of buying any of their products. Period! I will never submit to the ultimate spyware/crapware/crashware called steam. EVER!

Been with HL since '99. that will end when WON is disabled.

I dont like it when I am forced to use something specificaly to play online. I mean EA doesnt force you to use gamespy if you wanna download a mod for BF1942.

Back