• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Constant Artifacting in 3D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
My 9800 Pro has been running just fine and dandy until today. Today I started getting a couple errors and random shutdowns, and after a little bit the system refused to boot with the graphics card. I pulled it out to have a look, and noticed that there was some residue from something right where the card plugs into the AGP slot. I cleaned off the contact points with a paper towel and some alcohol, and plugged the card back in. Everythings seems to be working perfectly now, except 3D apps. With anything 3D (even the loading screen in some games) I get artifacts everywhere. I've already remounted the waterblock on the GPU, cleaned off the contacts a second time, and tried lowering the card's clockspeed...nothing fixes it.

Can anyone help me?

omg... after i read your post i thought it was me saying that!!

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=313786

i just posted that not long ago and still having that problem. but i didnt have any residue (i dont think). you are havinbg the EXACT saem prob as me...
i wonder if ati timed their cards to go defective lol...

Wow...sorry to bug you all. Turning off ATi Tool seems to have cured all my problems. The program has NEVER given me problems before...isn't that weird?

Back