• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wow, just noticed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jarlaxe

Disabled
Anyone notice how in these benches the 6800nu beats the x800pro A LOT of times in the benches. In fact whenever the X800 wins its only by 5 frames. X800 is $400 while 6800nu is $300? And the 6800 only has beta drivers basically...So whats the point of the X800?

cause they are all OpenGL games :D - get some direct X ones in there :D

On that same note - what was the point of the Ultra Extreme edition 6800 when it seems to score the same as the GT version....

Jarlaxe: I can see that you have some opinions about ATi's marketing decisions, and that's okay, but the X800 exists because ATi exists. They wouldn't stop producing the X800 because the 6800 NU is better (according to those benches). That would be suicidal and just plain dumb.

I want to add something to this. The bandwith on the 6800s seem aweful. They seemed to be bogged down somewhere, but I cannot pin it down

It is entirely possible that the NV40 core was specifically for PCI-E, and we wont see its full potential till then. Cuz something aint right about them. I gain almost nothing from OCing the core, or my CPU.

....but dear god, when I OC the RAM, the score skyrockets, much more exponentially than anything Ive ever seen.

Either way, its a magnificant design, this and PS3.0 have secured this card in my rig. As much as I like ATi, I still like nV better because of all the good memories....EXLCUDING MY 5200FXu :mad: :mad:

Mr.Guvernment said:
On that same note - what was the point of the Ultra Extreme edition 6800 when it seems to score the same as the GT version....

That's because it's CPU limited. You can see how at higher resolutions, it shows an increase of fps over the GT.

I agree. There is just something that isn't right with those benchmarks. They're just kind of different.

Oh well, just another review that "proves" my point. Which is:

The GT is teh pwn!!!! :D

Jarlaxe said:
Anyone notice how in these benches the 6800nu beats the x800pro A LOT of times in the benches. In fact whenever the X800 wins its only by 5 frames. X800 is $400 while 6800nu is $300? And the 6800 only has beta drivers basically...So whats the point of the X800?

doesnt beat it in farcry no how.

Back