• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Helgaiden

The #1 Rig in my sig is the system i built back in august. Payed $190 for the Sapphire Bulk version of the 9500 Pro and now im seeing 9800 pros for the same price. Should I upgrade to it or will my CPU/Memory hold me back from seeing any performance difference? If i just get the videocard alone, will there be any huge differences?

^^

yeah, everything is at stock speeds. The PC isnt wholly mine so if i overclock and mess it up then im gonna have people angry at me. But if i were to consider an upgrade order, it would be RAM then CPU then Videocard? Or am i wrong there?

Yeah you will deffinatly notice a big difference in performance, the 9800 pro is a great card. my cpu is just a step under yours and you can see my scores in my sig. if you do upgrade i am interested in possibly purchasing that card from you, let me know if you are.

nah, if i were to upgrade then the parts taken out will go to make a new rig that could at least keep up with this one. Thanks anyways.

Back