• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC (non O/C'ed) Artifacts in FarCry?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

icedogg9999

Hey guys,

I just installed my new BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC the other day, it runs Unreal 2004 at 1600x1200 perfectly with everything on highest settings. I've installed the latest NVIDIA drivers from nvidia.com, but I've just recently played FarCry, at 1024x768 with everything on highest settings, and I've experienced a LOT of black artifacts on the levels, its only black, and the don't flash or anything. If you need a screenshot, I'd be happy to give you one.

I shoudn't be having these artifacts at all, I haven't O/C'ed the card all, other than BFG's OC. The highest my CPU/System temp ever gets is 55*CPU / 35* System.

You're not the only one, so don't worry. I experience that with my ti4600 (which is going to a good man who is going to buy it from me on this forum, along with my computer on August 1st :)) Far Cry is just buggy. Try installing the latest patch for Far Cry (I believe it's 1.2) and possibly reinstall the newest drivers from the nvidia site. Also install DX 9.0c if you haven't already. Other people get the same problems. Don't worry, it's not your card. You can safely overclock.

phew!!!!!!!

Thanks termin@tor, i thought I'd have to take this baby back or something lol. I'll try that stuff.

Thanks,

IceDogg

Thursday 07.15.2004 Far Cry 1.2 Patch Update

Once again, we want to let you know that Far Cry patch 1.2 is close to being released. We were about to release this week as planned, when a hardware manufacturer code update forced us to modify the patch accordingly. It took a couple of days to make it work without breaking anything else. We think it is worth the extra wait, as it's all about making sure everyone enjoys the best experience possible, both in terms of gameplay and performance.
Yesterday, a new solid patch candidate left for what we hope is the last series of tests.

We are all looking forward to releasing this very ambitious Far Cry upgrade, and we know we need to give it our best to make sure we live up to your expectations.

Thanks again for your patience

Matthieu Boulard
Far Cry Ubisoft producer

mica

Back