• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my case cooling enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thenerd

2 intake in front, 2 out takes in back.

fans are 80mm with 32cfm. i read from one of the oc guides on this forum that i need at least 80 cfm front and back, but i only have 60ish, is this enough?

Size doesn't really matter, but the one thing you will be losing is noise vs cfms. An 80mm fan can push more air with less noise than a 60mm fan. You'll just have to put it all together, and check your temps. If you ambiant temp is good, your case/cpu temps won't be too bad. Although at the same time, if you aren't o/cing, you don't have much to worry about.

If you haven't built your computer yet then I wouldn't worry about it, but 80CFM in and out seems like more than anyone would need.

But it never can hurt to plan the case out before you build it - that's what I did with mine and I'm very glad that I did. You should get as much airflow as you can moving through the case, but a very important thing that you have to remember is to make sure that you have good airflow structure, that air can move freely and that there are as few turbulent areas as possible. This can be done by cable management and some common sense planning :).

Yes, planning is indeed very important.

I suggest you start planning everything, only after reading this , this , this , and EXTREMELY important this.
Reading those will give you a very good explanation of what you need and how to set everything you need up.

As well i suggest you to read reviews on Overclockers.com to know exactly how good every fan/cooler is.

Back