• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grimm003

I bought a 9600xt awhile ago and it has been working fine. well about a month ago i did a full format/install of everything and I just tried playing a game to notice that i get skipping all the time. I went to the smartgart tab on my advanced display settings and it tells me that fastwrite is off and agp is off. so i moved the slider to set it at 8x and turned fastwrite on and it asks for reboot. ok so i do that and when it comes back on theyre both set back to off. in bios AGP 8x is enabled and i just d/led the newest catalyst drivers. can any1 help me please?

I have a separate BIOS option for AGP fastwrite (enable/disable). Maybe look for that.

yeah, thats also enabled in my bios. could it be i need to update my mobo drivers?

thanks for the responses, ill check that link out now. I have asus a7n8x dlx mobo operating windows xp pro

ok, i have a feeling i dont have AGP controller drivers installed. do you know the chipset manufacturer for an ASUS A7N8x DLX?

grimm003 said:
ok, i have a feeling i dont have AGP controller drivers installed. do you know the chipset manufacturer for an ASUS A7N8x DLX?
check on the ASUS website

i found those drivers and installed them and still nothing:( whats going on with my computer??when i hit apply after i turn agp 8x on it says its gonna restart and if the settings are safe, then it'll stay, so y isnt it safe?i tried doin just 4x and the same thing happens

Back