• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats up with my 3dmark03 scores?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bsfalcon

Registered
i just downloaded 3dmark03 and ran it on my system with an fx5200. the first test, at stock settings gave me a score of 666. when i over clocked the card from 250/332 to 384/411 i got a score of 672. when i underclocked the card to 100/100 i got a score of 671. i have a couple of questions about these;
1) why are the scores so low, is just because i have a crappy 5200 or is it the result of some other problem?
2) why is my underclocked score higher than my stock clocked score?
3) is there anything i can do to improve the score, besides buying a new card?
with that said, the card seems to perform decently, i get good frame rates and graphic quality on games such as Painkiller, KOTOR, and Halo.

1) which fx5200 do you have? I had a 128bit and I used to get about 1150 edmarks
2)Don't know
3)All you can do is overclock the video card and cpu.
You get good performance with Halo? how you got tell me cause if my old fx5200 couldn't handel the shading and give really low frames like 6 to 10fps.

6-10 fps on a Halo with a fx5200????Wow, that card must be a complete piece of trash. My ti4200 used to get 22fps at least. Who cares I hate Halo anyway:)

i use coolbits to overclock, or underclok in this case, and just dialed the settings down, and it ran at 102/102. i suppose that the extra 2 mhz could make a difference, but i can tell you that it ran at those settings, and completed the entire 3dmark03 test

the early FX line is very....very....weak in Dx9. So if Halo is Dx9, then it will get crappy framerates as opposed to a dx8 card that forces a Dx9 game to run in Dx8.

^^^ yup

:D your card aint that great as for overclocked - just because it runs faster does not mean it is more efficient - many people need to find the "
Sweet spot" for thei video card - for my ti4600 uLTRA i ahd it was 329 core / 729 memory - even though i could clock the ram to 750 eaqsy - my performance dropped when i did.

Mr.Guvernment said:
many people need to find the "
Sweet spot" for thei video card - for my ti4600 uLTRA i ahd it was 329 core / 729 memory - even though i could clock the ram to 750 eaqsy - my performance dropped when i did.

^^^ yep :D

for me, my 9800pro is at 430/358, although, I can hit 450+/370+

new score: 972
finally got around to updating my drivers, and that seems to have made a big difference. 43 version to the newest, 61.76 i think

Back