• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looks like EB series are flying out the door

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

situman

just checked newegg and Excaliberpc, only Excaliberpc has the EB series and its either 512mb or PC3200 levels. All the PC3500 and PC3700EB 1gig kits are gone, especially from newegg. It doesnt even list them as out of stock. It jsut flat out disappears! Now that is just crazy. Next BH-5 in rarity and desirability?

woah, im glad i just bought some off fishy in the classifieds. i've wanted this ram for a while and i was thinking of putting it off. :)

I refuse to spend $350 on memory like I refuse to spend $400 on a video card. It's just silly. There are good products for cheaper prices.

But, I do wish all of you who get it the absolute best in OCing fortune :)

Odie

Odie812 said:
I refuse to spend $350 on memory like I refuse to spend $400 on a video card. It's just silly. There are good products for cheaper prices.

But, I do wish all of you who get it the absolute best in OCing fortune :)

Odie

You and I, sir, are on the same page on this topic.

Someone once told me that overclocking isn't just about having the fastest computer with the best components, it is about getting the most out of your computer with the components that you have.

Like you, I am not being critical of the choices others make, but for me, I just stick a little closer to the "value" end of things, whether computers or anything else.

you know, u just reminded me the underlying value in overclocking. I think i should stop going for the high end stuff. The purpose of overclocking is to get high end results at a value price. my how has that gone out the window.

We all get so caught up in not wanting to miss out on the next great thing that we end up chasing ALL of these "next great things". When some guys is showing great benchies in his sig and you look at his component list it is easy to just think, well, you know, if I had that piece of hardware, I'd be hitting matching or beating those scores.

If you have deep pockets or few obligations/responsibilites then go for it. There are lots of bad ways to spend your money, and this one (overclocking) is nowhere near the top of that list.

Back