• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just noticed a "jumper" / "header" on my A7N8X that looks like floppy power. Is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yamiyanazz

Just noticed a "jumper" / "header" on my A7N8X that looks like floppy power. Is it?

I know some P4 boards use auxilary power, and the Abit NF-7 uses it also....but then I got to looking at my board and realized that it had something that looks almost like it would fit a floppy power molex on it...perhaps it is? I mean, the 9700 uses it also...does anyone know anything about this?

Attachments

• header2.jpg
    header2.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 89
That might be the CD audio connector
If your board ahs built in sound that it most likely is a audio connector. Don't worry about it though, all the audio data is acessed (sp?) through the IDE cable now adays [correct me if i'm wrong}

the CD things are above PCI slot 1.

Modem1.....well...I suppose that ruins my dreams. Thank you for the quick responce

wait...audio for modems? Do you mean like...modems that you can use to talk on the phone? I've kinda wondered about being able to use my computer as a standard telephone through my telephone line....could I do that? I want to be able to use my computer headset instead of the uncomfortable phones we have here.

No its for the symphoney of noises a modem makes while connecting, if want to hear those use a standard audio connector from a cd player or what not and connect it to the modem

So in short I'm pretty sure you can't use that for telephoning

Yamiyanazz, U still can do that, with the right software and a analogic modem, I think.

Back