• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max temp for Super Glue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

I want to remount the HSF of my vid card, its mounted w/o any therma paste and secruired with lots of hot glue around the HS, I want to add some therma paste and stick it with Super Glue. So I want to ask what is the max temp that the Super Glue can handle?

I would think that it would vary from glue to glue. I'd check the packaging to see if they say don't use under high temps, etc.

I just did this to my vid card and north bridge, and so far they appear to be holding on.

good luck

I tried super glue on my Geforce 2 MX hsf....it wouldn't hold. Super Glue wouldnt bond to the metal very well. So I went to a Wal-Mart and picked up a tube of DURO Outdoor Fixture Adhesive. This stuff is heat resistant and bonds to virtually any surface. Oh, if you have already used superglue on the chip, you're going to have one hell of a time removing it from the Geforce chip.

I only used a drop of Super Glue on each side of a HS to stick it on my mem chips on the vid card in my sig.

Dont think that I am just being a smar*ss here, but why the heck would you want to use superglue in the first place? Does it conduct heat very well? I wouldnt think so, but maybe it does. Not only that but it is corrosive too and could ruin your chip. Superglue has been know to eat away at things.

Back