• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Farcry 1.2 patch released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not so bad as most Nvidia cards suffer from horrible picyure quality in Farcry. Patch 1.2 is said to fix this. This is of intrest to all Nvidia card owners whoi where having this problem. The new patch also suppports pixel shader 3 (can only be used with DX9c -Only in SP2 beta :))

It can stay.

Nandro said:
I'm wondering if this patch will work with the no cd patch. I forgot my cd's at home and want to try it out.
itll work fine, just update and play

edit: noticed increase in performance, but nothing visually

Last edited:
this patch screws up ATI systems, gives missing textures errors and cant control fixed weapons for crap.

thanks nvidia.

theELVISCERATOR said:
this patch screws up ATI systems, gives missing textures errors and cant control fixed weapons for crap.

thanks nvidia.

What do you mean?
Errors?

Quattro said:
What do you mean?
Errors?

flashing textures all over ,, grass rocks...ground...

nonexistent before patch..

Attachments

• glitch (Small).JPG
    glitch (Small).JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,845
Last edited:
theELVISCERATOR said:

thanks nvidia.

Wow, that is sweet. I can't wait to install this patch.... NOT.

Man that sucks, especially if you want to play multiplayer. It gives you no choice. Oh well, I can barely play the game with my interim FX5200 anyway. Welcome to my world. They will probably release something to fix it quickly.

:( it borked something :(

When I try to play it(Yes, legit copy) it gives me some sort of error.

"Critical Error: Entity classname forklift classid=69 id=828d CANNOT BE LOADED"

Hopefully a reinstall will fix it. But it's still a pain...specs in sig if interested. Anyone else get this error?

theELVISCERATOR said:
flashing textures all over ,, grass rocks...ground...

nonexistent before patch..

I have only played the FarCry demo on my GeForce 3 (yes I did it) so I don't really know what that pic should look like but it looks fine to me...

EDIT - IC it now right on the right on the side of the boat...

Cerberus, I have the same error as you did. Have you been able to solve this with a reinstall?

FarCry 1.2 Patch Issues:
Since posting the FarCry 1.2 patch yesterday I have received a ton of e-mail from ATi video card owners saying that FarCry, once patched, is booting them back to the desktop in both mutli-player and single player games. I installed the patch myself on both an ATi 9800XT box and a GFFX 5950Ultra box and sure enough my ATi box crashes to the desktop randomly. I called tech support and was told this:

We have received an alarming number of complaints from ATi card owners that are experiencing crashes after installing the 1.2 patch. The issue is being looked into. At this time we suggest re-installing your game without the 1.2 patch.

This quote is from [H]ardOCP.

Back