• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about ATI AIW Radeon 9800 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WildArmSX

Hi There,

I am Think of buying the ATI All-In-Wonder RADEON™ 9800 Pro 128MB DDR.

Question 1) Are there any current issue with this card ?
Question 2) Can it be overclocked ?
Question 3) Is there a big difference between this card and the ATI All-In-Wonder RADEON™ 9600XT 128MB DDR?
Question 4) Is teh ATI All-In-Wonder RADEON™ 9600XT 128MB DDR overclockable?

Thanks in advanced for your help. :)

The 9800 Pro is a pretty stable card and it offers great performance.

Yes it can be overclocked, with adequate cooling.

It definately outperforms the 9600 XT. Check out some benchmarks on www.tomshardware.com and some other sites. It has a 128 bit memory bus instead of 256 bit like the 9800 Pro, which makes a difference.

From what I understand the 9600 XT is pretty much an overclocked 9600 Pro, so I would think the overclocking capabilities would be minimal.

I agree with DMac..... The 9600xt doesn't have a ton of headroom to do much overclocking.... plus you're looking at 4 pipelines vs 8 pipelines on the 9800pro..... There isn't really a comparison here.....

Mr.Guvernment said:
the AIW wonder tend not to OC as far ebcause of the massive tv tuner slapped on em.

Actually I know of a person with one of the newer ones that is up to 450/400 with his overclocks.....

HousERaT said:
Actually I know of a person with one of the newer ones that is up to 450/400 with his overclocks.....
Lucky.. I could only hit 394/380 with mine :( But right now I'm at 0/0 due to me leaking water all over my card :( I hope it lives.

Same.... with Ati tool on a good day i'd hit 400/380.... ofcourse a good day is when its nice and cool in my room.... every other day its 392/380... lol ....im so stupid ... i got this card to play in my consoles on my LCD

Water shouldnt bother the card if it was wiped off and wasnt connected at the time it was spilt. I have spilled water with coolant in it on my MB and card from my water cooling system and just cleaned it all off with alcohol and had no problems. People in the water cooling section told me they had seen people wash their board in a sink.

Nandro said:
Water shouldnt bother the card if it was wiped off and wasnt connected at the time it was spilt. I have spilled water with coolant in it on my MB and card from my water cooling system and just cleaned it all off with alcohol and had no problems. People in the water cooling section told me they had seen people wash their board in a sink.
The water was on the board long enough to cause corosion :( I'm currently waiting to get some 98% isopropal alcohal so I can give it a bath :) Hopefully it will work.

Thread Resurection ;)

My old AIW died :( My new one's core OC's better, but has sammy 2.6ns ram instead of 2.2ns :( Right now I'm at 420/360 stable. The ram won't go ANY further right now, so i need to get some ram sinks on there. I'll prob get a WC'd peltier and slap that on my card :) Hello 450mhz CORE :D

Back