• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alpha PAL6035 suck air or blow air?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Liquidsky

Registered
I just got my PAL6035 I few days ago and I'm wondering if it's better for the Sanyo Denki fan to suck the hot air away or blow at it. I read in one of the articles on the site that the fan should be blowing at it but on Anandtech it says that ALPHA recommends you to suck the air away. So which way is better?

I don't have the alpha but I have the vantec HSF and though I didn't put in on my cpu yet *case problem* when I did plug it in to test it out I noticed that when I made the fan suck out air it was cooler to the touch. But when I made it blow at the HSF it was only moderately cooler. I would think that since vantec and alphas heatsink are either copper or steel they retain the cold much better. Basically its like this your cpu gets hot and it heats the heatsink and since your fan is blowing out which cools the heatsink. I dunno if it makes sense but I will let you guyz know when I do put it in.

The majority of Alpha Heatsinks are anodized aluminum/copper that are cold forged, In the manufacturing process the anodized aluminum fins and the copper embedded base are simutaniously cold forged. Alpha does make all copper HSF's and All Anodized aluminum models, but I have never heard of a steel and copper Alpha.

Regarding to blow or to suck, my best advise is to try it both ways as your performance will vary as each system has different thermal dynamics. Check in your bios or with a program like MotherboardMonitor to see which works best for you.

all.jpg

al_cu.jpg

Last edited:
I had the 6035 with a 36cfm GW fan and i tried it both ways and got the same results.Try it and see what you get.

Back