• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quadruple displays

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Surreal

'Surreal please contact Krag ASAP'
Hi

I have a Pc with built in VGA. I can add a PCI video card and have dual displays. When I add the third PCI vid, XP (or PC) does not allow the 3rd VGA card to work (code 10). XP installs drivers and the card is confirmed to work.

Main question...

If I have a mobo w/out vga can I add four dual PCI video cards for 8 displays? I know windows has the ability to do 8+ displays. But is the trick to get a mobo w/out onboard VGA and not to install an AGP vid?

Has anyone done this before? I want 8 independent monitors as in not three screens really as one just at a wide res.

lmk

cool

I checked up on the cards and talked to the tech guys.....

I can install four cards for a total of 16 displays running with winXP. Insane thought! 4 is fine though.......

Last edited:
yeah i had 3 screens on my old computer 2 19" lcd's and 1 21" crt as my main...it was cool cause i could multitask like hell.... i was surfing the web, using photoshop, and watching a dvd. u should get a background that spans across all the screens like a cool panorama shot of the grand canyon that is really long, they are pretty easy to find. it was also fun to put the matrix screen saver up on all them, looked sweet... anyways i have seen some 8+ screen set ups but they were for professional use

Most I've ever done is 5 displays, and it was just to see if I could do it. I think would be the optimal. It gets a little disorienting when you add more. Well, it was disorienting for me anyways.

Back