• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting Toshiba Satellite M35-S456 Is it any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nephewkp

Hey,

I am thinking of getting a Toshiba Satellite M35-S456 and wanted to know if it was any good. I am getting a great deal on it so I don't think that I could turn it down.

Well, it's a 1.7GHz Dothan core, that's good. Has a FX5200 video card with 64MB of video ram, that's decent... but good when compared to the usual Intel Extreme graphics with shared memory.
2.8kg is pretty heavy for a portable laptop, verging on the desktop replacement weight.
Overall, it's a very good machine for light gaming and office work and a bit of lugging around, but not so good if you're always carrying it around.

But for US$850, it's a steal. Grab it.

Looks like the deal might fall through. :( Oh well....back to looking for a cheap laptop for school. Any suggestions? I want one with a decient graphics card.

This one's not bad, but i wont let it go for such a good deal. You can play most of your games on your main rig. A few light games here and there on the laptop. The FX5200 should be able to handle most games reasonably well.
But if you want better, the Radeon 9600 mobility is a pretty good deal, great bang for the buck, but still expensive, then one more step up, the ultimate in laptop graphics: the Radeon 9700 mobility, though i hear there are some issues with it and it's still hella expensive.

yea if you want a 9700Pro the laptops going to be around 2000. i would just get that laptop. for school a 5200 is way more than enough. and it seems that you can play games on the computer in your sig just fine :D

Back