• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 9800Pro=Burned :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

12am

Man I lost my old 9800Pro to some sort of freak accident, it was a great overclocker at 430/380 and I hadn't even hit it's ceiling when it died. Bought this new 9800Pro and it's a horrid overclocker :( it won't even goto 390 on the core before it starts showing artifacts. Memory is capped at 360 wich isn't too bad. I'll be throwing my ole vga silencer on later to see if that helps. I'm just bummed out that I got a bad overclocker, what with d3 coming out and all. :(

No clue what happened, my monitor bit the dust and I replaced it the next day. However upon booting with the new monitor the pc refused to boot. I thought at first it was my mobo because it's going on 3 years now so I got my friend to bring me the comp I lent him to do some tests. I threw the 9800Pro into that computer and it wouldn't boot either. I stuck a ti4200 into my pc and it booted flawlessly. I judged the card legally dead at that point and picked up another one, man was that an expensive 2 days.

I don't think it was the overclock, I had a nice vga silencer strapped on and I was just starting to overclock it, was maybe 3 days into o/c when it died. My best guess is that when my monitor blew it sent a surge of current through the vga cable and it somehow messed up the card.

Back