• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why I love Newegg and FedEx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafaphoto

I needed the VGA silencer for my 9800 pro, soon to be a 9800 xt. Unfortunanly for me, Newegg was out of stock, so I bought it at another site. I ordered this last Sat night. I just now got a tracking number, so it looks like I will get this in next week!

Of course, Newegg promptly notifies me they have it in stock on Monday, so if I had waited, I would have gotten it this Thursday or Friday!

I went back to the site I ordered from, and they do state that orderes placed on a weekend may require a 3 day delay before it is shipped! The site I ordered from has in no way screwed me, (as long as my stuff comes in next week!!) but I think Newegg has spoiled me! If I order on Sat night, stuff comes in Thursday (FedEx ground). I love me some Newegg!

E

I never quite understood the whole "if orders are placed on weekends, it may delay shipping 3 days" wtf? so it takes them till Wed. to put the item in a box, and put a tracking label on it, and have UPS pick it up? To me, it means, they have 3 days to be lazy, just because they can... :-/

Man, that's a pretty long wait. When I needed a silencer I just went on ebay and bought it Saturday and it was in my mailbox Tuesday. (July 4th weekend too)

Long wait!

There website says 2 to 3 buisness days to ship if you order on a weekend! Oh well, you have to read the fine print! I wish I had waited for newegg to get it in stock! Live and learn..

Have a good one!

E

Back