• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have Charter Cable? Call for free upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglescouter

Frustrating Senior SETI Nut!
I just called Charter Cable this morning and asked if I had their best package for the price I am paying.

Result: Saved $2 per month, and changed my upload download bandwidth from 128K/2MB to 256K/3MB.

Summary, doubled my upload bandwidth, and increased my download bandwidth by 50%, and reduced my bill $2 per month.

:)

Awesome! It must be a national deal cause they recently upgraded my plan just like that out of the blue with no price change. I wouldn't mind more upload bandwidth though. :)

Current national promotion for this package is $29.99 per month for the first 3 months.

I only receive the 3MB upgrade because I called, otherwise they would have left me at 2MB download.

More upload is only available through their business plans, which are priced by personal quote after they visit your business. No fixed or published price sheet :(

I have DSL right now while at home (college kid). And we are paying like 59 a month for the basic package b/c we got it when it first came availible. I'm trying to convince my dad to switch, b/c we are getting screwed (for lack of a better term). Dad doesnt want to mess with it, he says it works and thats good enough. Makes sense I guess (I come from a long line of lazy ppl, lol) Oh well... this is just another reason why I like cable better. Hehe

Um, you should focus on the part of my message that says "Current national promotion for this package is $29.99 per month for the first 3 months."

Check with Charter to find out the normal price, the price you will pay after your 3 month promotional package. (which probably does not include the modem, and definitely does not include a router with a hardware firewall. In my opinion a routerless broadband connection is just unacceptable today.)

My bill is way more than $30 per month, but I am not included in the promotion, and my bill includes my cable tv costs.

Back