• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pearlescent Mica in a water-loop.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VAdept

While thinking about ways to make the water flow in a system visible while not gunking everything up I decided to search for a pearlescent water additive. I stumbled accross http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/soap/ColorAdd.asp and found they offer a huge selection of pearlescent mica and they sell in small quanities. Anyone have any idea if this would work or give me problems? Im considering getting a few ounces and testing it. Tell me what you think.

as in ruin your pump
can't run particulates through plastic pumps long-term, even mica

If all else fails, that micronized mica looks killer-cool mixed in a clear coat on your case. Black pearl...:drool:
Too bad it's already mixed with dye.

BillA said:
as in ruin your pump
can't run particulates through plastic pumps long-term, even mica
what about plain uv dye many vendors sell, the micro pigments would damage the pump or are they not abrasive enough?

@/2ct!< said:
what about plain uv dye many vendors sell, the micro pigments would damage the pump or are they not abrasive enough?
Swiftech hat ON

Swiftech does NOT recommend the use of any die containing particulate pigments.

The new MCP650 is a bit more tolerant due to its construction, but avoid dies with other pumps.

Back