• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Let'

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
Let's help this guy overclok his system

Bogie said:
Quick question since this thread is about Thoroughbred B xp2100, mine right now is 200x11, the voltage is mbm shows 1.6, temps right now are 36/21, could i get a little more from this setup without the temp going much higher, thank you

Nf7-s
xp2100 oc 2.2
2x256 dc geil pc3500
slk900u Tornado Fan
34/19 temps

Bogie said:
Hi thank you for your help about my xp2100, i didnt wanna keep posting in that person thread, felt like i was hijacking it talking about mine, if i am at 1.60 volts, do you think i could raise the mulits to 11.5 with out raising the volts much more then they are? thank you i always enjoy reading your answers.

You have a nice system there, excellent cooling and it seems a lot of headroom.

You can increase your voltage a little, that Trermalright heatsink will take care of your temperatures.

He's at 36 C CPU ; 21 C case ; 2.2 GHz and that's with 200 FSB (!) at only 1.6 volts.

For a T-Bred, that's great.

Just make sure you're stable, just booting into Windows is not enough:

To test the stability of overclocked CPU, download the latest bug fixed version of Prime95:
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

Double click on PRIME95.EXE to start the program.

Just Stress Testing (if prompted) > OK >
Options > Torture Test > Blend (if prompted) > OK

The program should not give any errors.
It may be necessary to run the program 12-24 hours to make sure an overclocked system is stable (no program errors displayed).

If you get errors only after several hours, this is a result of slight instability because the system is running with little or no margin. It's stable enough to boot and to be moderately stressed, but as soon as the system is under enough load to go over that critical point, it will freeze. To be 100% stable, Prime95 should run 12-24 hours without any errors.

The point of testing is to see if you get errors or not thus testing the stability. The meaning of errors themselves is not as important.

Running Prime95 Torture Test for 5 to 30 minutes is enough to get a feeling about general stability. If it seems to be stable, increase the FSB (with 0.025V Vcore increase if needed), or increase the multiplier by 0.5.

Reboot and run Prime95 Torture Test for 5 to 30 minutes and repeat this until the Program displays errors.
It's then time to back down and repeat the Torture Test until there are no errors for at least 12 hours.

It's OK to use the computer while Prime95 Torture Test is running in the background.

After finding your stable point you may want to then retest by going to the Advanced section, setting the password to 9876 and then setting Priority to 10. (You won't be able to use your computer while Priority 10 Prime95 Torture Test is running, but it'll confirm your system stability.)

Use 3DMark to test video card stability.

Well in the bios the vcore says 1.65, i tryed 11.5, got a currupt windows file set it back to 11 and it posted and went into windows, ok should i try 1.70?

With you current system I see 1.8vcore 11x217 not being a problem @ all. You might need to use lower timings are higher vddim but you system look's like your getting pretty good temp's and I know I have ran a few 2100's @ 1.8 or higher with a 45+c temp full load.

6 3 3 2 is nice.

My PC2700 can't overclock unless I use 2.5 but if you can use 2, see what you can get out of 6 3 3 2 for starters.

I increased my Vdimm RAM voltage all the way up just to see how high of an FSB I can get.

Gradually test your system and see what it can do at as high as maybe 1.8 or 1.85 volts Vcore, max Vdimm and maybe 6 3 3 2.

If you can do 2.3 GHz with that, that would be nice for your CPU.

Ok i tryed 6,3,3,2 with the vdimm at 2.7, didnt post. Then tryed 6,3,3,2.5 raised the cpu voltage to 1.675 posted, but showed at 2.118 gigs. I havent raised the vdimm volts. I must be doing something wrong. Also raised the fsb to 206 from 200.

Last edited:
I have set fsb/dram 6/6 fsb 206x11 vdimm 2.8 vcore 1.7 got an error after about 1 minute in prime95, rounding error. Also changed the timing to 2.5,3,3,6.

Last edited:
1.7 vcore is way too low, gradually go toward 1.8x volts.

c627627 thank you is everything else set ok ? i should just try raising the vcore then? Ok went to 1.75, didnt post.

Last edited:
Aim for like 2250 MHz at like 1.85 volts.

2266 MHz at 1.75 volts may be too much at too low voltage for you.

Back