• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slk 800U with fan vs. slk 900A without

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hedge

Registered
I can get the 800u with a delta 80x80x38 mm delta fan pushing 80 cfm @ 52 dba. Cost= $40.00

Or the slk 900a without a fan and buy one (panaflo 90x90x25 pushing 48 cfm @ 30 dba) separatly cost= $51.

Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards the 900a setup, but i'll have to but from 2 different places.

id get the slk900a without a fan and get the panaflo... delta fans are way too noisey... you think you could handle it... just like I did... now my delta fan sits in my desk drawer..

I recommend the SLK-900, but NOT the A, go for the U. The A attaches to the socket lugs and it is a very heavy heatsink. If you were to drop your computer while moving it, even from a couple inches it COULD be enough force to rip the lugs off. If the whole thing fell off, keep in mind your video card lies below ;).

On the other hand, the U model attaches through the 4 holes and is quite secure to the motherboard. I doubt it would be coming off very easily.

Also, I recommend a 92mm Enermax or 92mm Thermal Take SF2. You get close to or even better airflow to noise ratio's yet you can adjust it to completely silent, to moving quite a bit of air. The Thermal Take will go up higher than the Enermax at 78CFM. The Enermax tops out in the 60's. Both move allot of air for the noise they make.

BUT, if you are careful, and don’t need the flexibility of an adjustable fan that can go high or low, you chose the RPM, the SLK900-A and Panaflo should do fine.
;):thup:

-@md0Cer
:cool:

Last edited:
I'm guessing I don't need the "custom standoffs" for the 900u?

That appears to be correct looking at their chart..:)
I would recommend going with the Panaflo 92mm H, instead of your propossed M, model..
:: Panaflo 92mm High Output w/ RPM

Panaflo is known for producing high quality fans, that operate at a low noise level for the air volume they move. Plus this special BX model offers RPM sensing.

Fan Specs:

Model: FBA-09A12H-BX
Air Flow: 57 CFM
Fan Speed: 2850 RPM
Noise Level: 35 dBA
Power: 2.7 watt
Bearing Type: Hydro Wave Bearing
Fan Size: 92x92x25 MM
**Connector: Please choose a Panaflo 3pin or 4 pin Tail below.

http://heatsinkfactory.com/cgi-bin/HFAstore.pl?user_action=detail&catalogno=CF-036

archilochus said:
That appears to be correct looking at their chart..:)
I would recommend going with the Panaflo 92mm H, instead of your propossed M, model..
:: Panaflo 92mm High Output w/ RPM

Panaflo is known for producing high quality fans, that operate at a low noise level for the air volume they move. Plus this special BX model offers RPM sensing.

Fan Specs:

Model: FBA-09A12H-BX
Air Flow: 57 CFM
Fan Speed: 2850 RPM
Noise Level: 35 dBA
Power: 2.7 watt
Bearing Type: Hydro Wave Bearing
Fan Size: 92x92x25 MM
**Connector: Please choose a Panaflo 3pin or 4 pin Tail below.

http://heatsinkfactory.com/cgi-bin/HFAstore.pl?user_action=detail&catalogno=CF-036

Yes that h1a model is what i've been looking for. Just can't find it at a site that also has my heatsink. Trying to order from 1 place.

Do you think I will have a hard time getting a sp94 or sp97 heatsink from thermalright to fit on my new board ^? I really like these but i'm just not sure about the heatpipes fitting. Thanks for the link, finally a place that has the sinks and fans I want together, but alas; they are always out of stock on 1 of them, hehehe...

Back