• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan positioning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rainz3

Registered
Hey all this has been bugging me for the longest time. What do you think is the best positioning for fans for my case. I have 6 fans 2 rear the lower one is blowing out the top is blowing in 2 window fans same as the rear 1 top exauhst and 1 front blowing to the rear. My cpu fan is blowing on the cpu. what do you think the best setup for that would be? Thanks in advance

its a trial & error thing, which ever works for u best, mine is side/back = out and front = in :)

try reading through some of the threads in this section... I remember this kind of question debated over and over.

My opinion: just try a setup and change the direction of a fan... see if it makes it worse or better... and do that with all your fans, and keep the best setup.

Lol thats basically what I have been doing. It would be I get a case with long pain in the *** screw :)

I have 6 fans 2 rear the lower one is blowing out the top is blowing in

Just remember heat rises.... maybe switching the lower one to blow in and the upper one to blow out might help slightly.

I have a couple fans at the bottom of my side panel. One blows onto the hard disks, one onto the video card. The hard disks run a lot cooler than in my old case (mid 30s vs low 50s). The case fan at the back blows air out, as does the PSU fan. My CPU temps are still quite high but thats because of my pathetic CPU coolers lol.

Back