• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i haven't been here in forever, help me choose memory please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hydrata

hey, wow, it's been a while since i've been on this page, but now that doom3 is coming out, it's finally time to give my pc a little boost. see sig for what i have (almost 3 years old and still kicking) i don't have the money for a full upgrade or new system, so the only thing i'm really lacking before i can play d3 (according to the min requirements) is more memory. i was looking for a recommendation on the best type of ram for my mobo, the oldie MSI. i'm thinking just a single stick of pc3200 512mb for now. brand/type recommendations please :) and i'll take any other thoughts, suggestions besides the memory?? it's good to be back...doom3 brought the oc bug back to me.

get urself a stick of kingston pc3200 with the hynix chips or micron -5b chips. they both oughta be able to run tight timings at 175..

what about mushkin?? i really like their brand, and there's just so many varieties of pc3200 out there right now that i got confused.
Edit: how do you tell what types of chips the memory comes with? i just looked on newegg and i didn't see any specifics about that.

well since u said that u didnt have much cash thats why i suggested kvr. u have to go to best buy and cc. look in the window for these chips... also make sure ur bios will play well with pc3200.. cause ur rig is a little dated. (no offense my friend, just looking out for ur best interests)

Back