• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Powered center channel speaker?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

batboy

Senior Moment
Probably a dumb question, but is there any such thing as a powered center channel speaker? I have a great sounding 4.1 setup, but now that my new sound card has a separate center channel output, I'm thinking I should have a center channel for movies. Don't really wanna buy a complete 5.1 or 6.1 speaker set. Maybe a powered stereo speakers would work if you put the two speakers side by side?

That makes sense, I bet I would need an adapter to convert a stereo jack to a mono jack.

I might of figured out a solution. Since this computers will be connected to a TV, looks like I can connect the center channel output on my soundcard to the TV audio input. My RCA TV allows me to choose stereo or mono through the built-in speakers, so switch to mono and *tada* I have a center channel... maybe.

Back