• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is better x300 or fx5200 128mb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

el

I set up a Dell today and the guy ordered the fx5200 but it came with a x300 which is a better card on a p4 HT system.

The X300 is so new that there havnt been any reviews that i've seen.Even on the ATI website there isnt much to read about.
It doesnt even say if its onboard video or an agp card?

The FX5200 is a budget gaming card.The bottom of the line for gaming with an AGP card.

You got a turbo? I got me an ultra in those days...that baby kicked butt...first time I got over 60fps in CS. These days using a 6800GT to get 60fps...how the cycle turns

Nandro said:
There isnt too much that isnt better than the 5200. I would be willing to bet the x300 has dx 9 support as do all the newer ati's.

On the ATI site they say it does support DX9, but then again so does the FX5200.We all know that its basically useless for it though.

^^^ thas what i thought and fx5200 sure does not come in PCIe

but as everyone else has said - ANYTHING is better then an fx5200!

Mr.Guvernment said:
^^^ thas what i thought and fx5200 sure does not come in PCIe

but as everyone else has said - ANYTHING is better then an fx5200!

Actually, sadly, there is a PCIe FX5200 now. I saw it yesteday, I'll try to poke around and find it again.

wow I had no idea and Dell sold this to a 60 year old man and made him wait 4weeks to ship it! at least it sounds like they did a little bit of an upgrade for free! thanks for the info.

X600XT = 9600XT @500/370
X600 = 9600pro
X300 = 9600 (128bit memory) @110nm
X300SE = 9600SE (64 bit memory) @110nm

stratcatprowlin said:
I didnt know Dell was selling Pci express stuff.Ill have to check their site and see what they got.
That's why you can't find any of ATi's PEG cards - Dell's buying them all up ;)

It depends on the x300 ATIs website says their is a 64bit version if it is that on it is basically about the same as the 5200 if it is the 128bit I think it would be a little better. Oh yeah tell us what you think of the socket 775 if you decide to look at the insides of it.

Back