• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Neo Platinum Repeating Beep, No Screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nitewulf

I'm hooking up an MSI Neo Platinum motherboard and I'm receiving a continuous long, repeating beep. I thought it was the CPU, because the first one i tried was damaged. I RMA'd that for a new one, but now with this one i'm getting the same problem. The fans all turn on, but nothing shows on the screen.. period.

Has anybody had issues with this? I've tried changing out the RAM and everything.. i'm not sure where to go with this.-

Thanks,

Kevin

I just installed mine last night and and it did the same thing, but after plugging the cpu fan into the C_Fan 1 header it worked fine.

Did you have it plugged into somethin else that was allowing to work also? I know I had the CPU fan working.. and I don't recall any other fan headers around that I could have plugged into...

All of my fans powered up but I got the same beep as you along with a black screen.

Do you have your CPU fan plugged in directly to your power supply or is it plugged onto the motherboard?

There is a 3 pin fan header between the CPU and the mofsets (just to the left of the CPU), I would try using that one. You will also need to do all of the normal trouble shooting, and not necessarily in this order: Clear the CMOS, remount your mainboard and make sure it's not shorting out anywhere, reseat your CPU and heatsink to make sure contact is good, reseat your ram and video card, check different ram sticks or run memtest to make sure they are good, double check all power connectors - there are two that have to be plugged into this mainboard, boot with the minimum devices possible.

That list is far from all inclusive, but you can find many guides here to help out.

It would also help if you posted your specs.

Zeke968 said:
That list is far from all inclusive, but you can find many guides here to help out.

Yes, including mine... :D .
Check out this article I wrote for Overclockers.com: Help My PC Won't Boot! Troubleshooting Guide . It has a lot of different things you can try to get your computer up and running. The article also includes the beep codes, so you can interpret what the specific problem is. Best of luck to you!
:)

Matt

Heh... yea i've done all that has been mentioned and more. And yea, I always plug the CPU fan into the motherboard.. I don't recall ever having plugged one directly into the CPU. It's been tested with all working parts (parts were tested prior to putting it together). I've come to the conclusion that it is a bad motherboard, as it errors on Initializing Keyboard Controller (or so thats what the D-Bracket error reportig LED's read at). I've tried just about everything possible, every possible configuration.. etc. Its just a no-go. There has to be a defect in the workmanship of the board somewhere, there is no question in my mind :\ Its being RMA'd so hopefully the new one will not have an issue.

are you using registered RAM? if so then that is your problem.

Back