• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP Fastwrites?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaMobster

I found this option in my BIOs asking me if I wanted to enable or disable AGP Fastwrites, and I was wondering what it exactly did since it doesn't say in my manual, and if it's best to have it disabled or enabled...

Its supposed to Give you better video card performance but most people dont get any benefit from it and it can cause stability problems.
Try it out and see.I leave mine disabled.

5- The Radeon cards do support FastWrites and they will work with it on
(on some machines), but it is not recommended, there is NO SPEED gain
when using FW, and this option will affect your PC's stability a LOT,
most game crashes and problems are because FW is enabled.

i just went in and turned off my AGP fastwrite... i liost 1000 points in 3dmark 2001, and 1200 points in 2k3... wtf? no performance gains? i was able to overclock slightly higher, but obviously not high enough to make up for the performance loss

if u play the Winamp visuilations like me ( dont think i spelt that right ) it drops the FPS by about 25 or so on Acidspunk and on 3Dmark2001SE i found i dropped about 500points having it off

Back