• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound Card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bicster

Registered
Hey, I wanted to steal my other computer's sound card since it supports sub woofers and stuff. I'm wondering.. I have 2 slots left... theres one below my video card and one below that... all of the slots are white except one blue one.. which is the second one down under the video card.. lol, i hope u got that.. would the blue one be where to put the sound card??? my mother board is a MS-6719, not on micro-stars website.. and im taking the sound card from a 2 or 3 year old Gateway... will this work?

Use the slot second from the video card.
First goto device manager and disable the onboard audio then shutoff the pc.
Install the sound card and bootup.Windows might load some drivers for it automatically.
If windows doesnt you would have to get the drivers from the Gateway disc or website.
Good luck.

thanx man, i love u.. good response, so the blue one right (2nd slot from the vid card)?

by the way theres like 10 things under sound in device manager.. disable them all?

sound card goes into PCI slot! its a white slot....you should have a few on your mobo.

White sounds like the right one... blue sounds like something for a wireless add on.

You only have to disable one. It should say (I forget exactly now but) ac97 device or something along those lines.After you disable it check to see if you have sound.You shouldnt.
It doesnt matter what color the slot is,if its a pci slot then it will work.
BTW,Is your video card agp or pci?

agp, ya.. o disable reltek ac'97.. no more sound :) hi jacked the card from the other computer too, i guess im ready

Ok so you dont want to use the pci slot underneath it because it will share the IRQ
and sound cards and video cards on the same IRQ never mix well.

Well, after a big dimela of the driver setup not working and my mobo not recognizing (3ish hours) it.. I moved down a slot, the comp found new hardware, and the driver setup started right up and now I got sound on my pimpin sound system. :attn: :attn: lol, i feel stupid. :eek: every1 told me not to put it in the blue slot.. lol.. it works.. (its in the blue)

Back