• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clearance with a Zalman Heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AqUaBaT

Registered
I plan On getting this Motherboard and I was wondering if I would have any problems with fitting this Heatsink onto that motherboard? If this combination doesn't work out can you suggest any other motherboards that would do it? (Im gonna use an Athlon64)
Thanks Aquabat

I'm not sure if that motherboard has it or not, but I know that heatsink requires mounting holes to be attached, and it's hard to find motherboards now that come with mounting holes by the CPU. I found that out the hard way when I bought that heatsink myself, and it wouldn't fit without mounting holes... Unless you want to make the holes yourself with a drill if it doesn't have it, and then I say go for it...

Da Mobster can u drill these holes through the board i would have thought u could cut the connections that would damage the board wouldnt that be extremely tough to get say at least 2 holes to secure it down in a board. I would think that through the various layers of the baord the connections run.

Correct me if im wrong just dont want sumone to damage a board.

I'm not really sure if you can drill or not, I'm sure it's possible if you know exactly what you're doing although I don't think I would ever want to attempt it... That is why my zalman heatsink is still unopened...

Back