• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking of new speakers..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VortexTk

Registered
My speakers just blew out yesterday, apparently, from doing nothing to them =/. So, when I get a bit of cash, I was thinking of the logitech z640's. But the problem is, I really want a decent system and surround sound, but I have nowhere to place the rear speakers. I have a few options

A:I make a place for them about 9 feet back on the wall, permanent placing.
B:put them about 5 feet back on the table, but have to constantly put them out and take them back in whenever I'm not using them.
C:put them anywhere 1-4 feet on my right and left. But it'd be almost completely left/right of me, not really back at all.

So, should I just forget about surround sound or does anyone else have some suggestions? I'm in the living room, with about 4 feet behind me of carpet, main walking area, and then a 5 foot long table or so behind that. Which is the table we use the most often.

Back