• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Digital TV Tuner Cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xtreme404

Are there tv tuner cards out yet that will allow you too see digital cable. I see the cards now support analog 1-125 or something similar to that. Are there digital cards that let you get all the channels like 1-800 or whatever its up to know these days.

Thanks!!

Yea I noticed that, but it seems they are refering about the quality of the picture. It doesn't seem to say if it always you to receive all the digital channels though in the that are typically in the 200-to whatever range.

Thanks for that info though!

from what I gather from this forum, you need to hook up you digital tv reciever to the card in order to get digital cable. Winfast Tv200xp card was mentioned as able to handle digital. All those hauppauge cards support digital tv, so they well play it as digital tv. The normal PVR cards like the one in my sig can not. I would email whatever company that you decide to buy your card from and ask them if there cards do indeed support it, and how to hook it up.

If you could easielly get a TV tuner card that decoded the digital signal then everyone would go out and get one so they don't have to pay for digital cable!

Just hook up your reciever to the card and turn your card to channel 3. The only downfall's are...
You can't use that cool menu like you used to.. you have to use the one on the reciever.

No point in Picture In Picture if your TV tuner supports it because you can only tune 1 channel at the time.

Can't watch one show and record another.

Back