• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CMOS Checksum Error on 7VM400M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UlicBelouve

Doing tech on a comp here, and I get this item. I will only get the CMOS Checksum error when I remove the 2nd CD Drive, else, I get no post at all. I've checked the CLR-CMOS jumper, as well as changed the CMOS battery to a new one, to no avail.

What would be the best options here? I guess the customer has a AMD 2600+ on this. Additionally, the memory speeds would be set wrong on reboot (FSB), but would be reset to allow for boot process.

Any help would be great, I'll work on it again on Monday.

Guess I fix my own problems. Thanks.

It seems that the computer works just fine when I remove the second CD Drive from the customer's computer, and all things lead to either the CD Drive being bad, the controller/board being bad, or that the BIOS needs to be replaced.

But basically:
Bad CD Drive------------->Not our problem, we can sell you a new one
Bad Mobo/COntroller------>Not our problem, we can sell you a new one
Bad BIOS---------------->Not our problem, and like hell we're going to flash a BIOS for you.

So, I'm done with it.

And that, my friend, is how you make problems go away. Hehe.

Back