• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compatibility problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dc5e

Alright, so i just got my hands on a Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro which is replacing my Game Theater XP. So far it seems like a nice card except that once i installed it, i'm seeing problems while doing anything intensive on my onboard promise chip (2nd Hard-Drive). For example, if i'm using my tv-tuner card while making a copy of a file on my 2nd hard-drive, the video begins to look "laggy" and when i try to make any computer generated sounds, it would be all distorted. But when i stop using the hard-drive, everything returns to normal. I can play games just fine and everything else.

I tried this again without my tv-software on, and i noticed no problems...

What could be the cause of this? Before removing my gametheater XP i removed the drivers first, is this enough or do I need to format? It may be kinda hard to understand whats going on from just reading this, but I hope you can understand and help me. When i also use my 1st Hard-drive, i don't see this problem at all, is it possible that the pci slots and promise controller(on-board) share the same bus?

Also another question off-topic, i'm guessing its faster to have two hard-drives on their own controller with their own cable yes? My theory is that they don't share the same cable and the same ata-133 or whatever speed.

edit: i use the Leadtek winfast 2000 xp deluxe

another edit: i just found out it happens too when i use my firewire port to try to dump video from my camcorder onto my computer.

The real strange thing is that it only started happening ever since i got my audigy 2, but it only happens while i have my tv-tuner open...

Last edited:
Back