• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

artifacts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MtX

Registered
installed vga silencer, flashed ati 9800 pro 256 (360 core) to 9800 xt, it works with all 3 bioses (ati, sapphire, hercules), but i get artifacts in high-end 3D games like ut2k4, far cry, nfsu, battlefield, 3dmark.. i flashed back to original backup bios but i still get artifacts.. what can i do..

sounds like maybe the vga silencer isn't seated properly..... artifacts = heat..... did you use any thermal grease on the silencer?

how do i know its not seated properly.. it looks like it is.. the thing doenst move at all.. its on the gpu shims..

did you tighten the screws until they didn't move any more without using some pressure? did you use any thermal grease?

HousERaT said:
did you tighten the screws until they didn't move any more without using some pressure? did you use any thermal grease?
yes to both questions.. i reinstalled it and this time i used a lot of pressure for the screws

Back