• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I go with?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

punkfu771

Registered
Its that time again for a new graphic card and needed some help sence iam on a pretty tight bugget and cant spend that much whanted to ask the opinion of others to see what kind of graphic card would outperform in doom 3 only, i dont care about anything else here are the 2 cards iam looking at either the

fx5900xt or 128 mb 256 bit
saphire radeon 9800 pro 128 mb 256 bit

looking for an educated guess, seeing on how the game isnt realeased yet but i have ben hearing the the nvidia card are outperforming the ati cards in the specific game maby just a rumor dont really know thnx for the help

the 9800 pro is an easy choice. the whole fx series from nvidia is junk.

only the new line of nvidia cards is able to outperform ati in doom3

I don't know but I would say that the 5900xt would outperform seeing as it is OpenGl and no the FX series is not all that bad it just was beat out by something better.

Personally I would say the 6800NU about $75 more for a much a better card than either of those other 2.

the 5900 may outperforum UNTIL you turn on FSAA and AF. then the 9800 takes an easy lead.

Back