• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung 912n LCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

addoraa

Registered
Curious if anyone has any experience with a Samsung 912n LCD monitor(black 19in). Circuit City has it for 569 after MIR's and I was considering purchasing one if it is a decent monitor. CC normally sells it for 680.

Andy

I bought one today, I'll let you know tonight. I don't play any fast first-person-shooter type games though...

Okay, just started testing and I can tell you that the response time isn't that of a CRT monitor... I can notice a little blurriness/ghosting if I change my perspective very rapidly while playing City of Heros. It's tolorable... so if I hadn't been playing on a CRT, I might not even notice. It's not perfect, but it's pretty nice. I work on my laptop a lot, so I'm surprised at the adjustment I'm having to make going from my old CRT monitor!

I'm not sure I'm sold on this monitor yet. I think I got a pretty good deal on it with the rebates, so I might hang onto it. I've got two weeks to make a decision... one nice thing about buying your items from Best Buy (as opposed to Circuit City, who will charge a restocking fee if you return a computer item.

Back