• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone volt-mod a 6800 GT or Ultra yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I want something too, not satisfied with the current performance. (Well I am, but I know I can go higher.)

Syx that is one nice computer your running there... I wish i could afford to upgrade to pentium 2 and upgrade to an 8mb graphics card.. i dont have sound now but im PLANNING on it... I do have a nice harddrive... Its almost a full gig.

Yeah it used to have some retarded integrated graphics bs, but with this ragexl, solitare runs so smooth.

I think the voltage can be upped with a modded bios. Check the 6800GT to Ultra post in the Nvidia section of the videocard section of the forums.

bestmaxx and syx nice job threadjacking!!

and runsalone, your insane for what purpose could you possibly need more preformance from that 6800!!.....well this is OCforums..hehe

i dont think theres a volt mod for it yet...because no ones stupid enough to try it on a 6800! try google.

just wanted to add/ask something:
the gt and ultra are almost the same... I'm pretty sure you could solder a second power connector to any gt card making it a "full" ultra.
maybe you should try this.. sounds like a nice idea.
And of course you've still got the chance to produce a 400$ paperweight ;)

like some resistors, or hardware which can't be changed or modded?
it would be nice to have an ultra and a gt in hands, to compare. If someone is that lucky he may tell us.

edit:

the ultra :
card-front.jpg

the GT:
gt_card.jpg

all parts are just doubled on the ultra. I don't think its difficult to add two capacitators, two mosfets and some small resistors to the card.
the soldering points are even there.. I'm sure this would work :).
And I'm sure it won't be long until some hardcore overclocker is going to try this. I hope this isn't too optimistic.
The GT is a full ultra with this mod so buy a GT mod it and sell it as ultra ;).

Last edited:
You're right of course, but I'm optimistic, it'll be done some day, buy a guy owning a 500$ soldering station with all gadgets.
it won't me a mainstream mod ;) , but maybe someone gets encouraged to try it.

I don't own one of these cards, but maybe someday one of them is available in Germany ;). Now I remember that I''ve heard something about voltage being controlled by bios on nvidia cards. If I can get one of these cards, I'll surely try this bios mod.

Back