• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting the Best Out of My Asus X800XT PE?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grov

Disabled
Hiya guys, well i finally got my XTPE on friday. Installed it fine, installed SP1 first, then mobo, then 4.7 Cats.

Been playing Unreal 2, Call Of Duty, and the Far Cry Demo's, and UT2004.

In control Panel, i have the settings on 4x AA and 8X FSAA. Ive never had an ATI card before, and i want the best IQ possible. Im not a Frames Per Second freak, i just want a good playable rate, like around 60fps, with great IQ, is this the best setting????

I was getting around 50FPS in Far Cry with these settings.

Also anything else i should know. Ive downloaded ATI Tool to check my clock speeds, don't think ill be overclocking much.

Just a newbie with ATI, but very impressed so far. Thanks guys.

Mr.Guvernment said:
there is an ATI section this should of gone in.

Lol, dont be so hard on him now... after all, he is new to ATi. Maybe he didnt even know there was an ati section!! JK! :clap:

Grov, you wanted eye candy, you got the right card. It should be able to handle mostly anything you throw at it, with mostly every display option set to max. Just experiment with it... turn everything to where it looks good, then turn it up some more up until it starts to get to the point where it is too choppy for you (if it ever gets to that point). You get what I am saying.

It doesn't handle Halo very well at 1600x1200 with 8a FSAA, does go very high, then goes low, like 20fps.

Thats what thing ive noticed the frame difference from lowest to highest can be a lot sometimes.

Back